Thursday, March 13, 2014

GREATER AND WISER {rachel, lucid stars}

I wanted to interview the lovely bloggers and blog readers out there for a long time. They all have so much greatness and wisdom to share, so I asked them to write it all in a letter to their past selves. Rachel is my first victim and her letter was wonderful. Please take a few minutes to read it. She is such a beautiful human being!

 photo 06a3a842-e852-45a5-8f03-51950488c1a2_zps5eebc964.jpg
Briefly tell us about yourself. Where you live, who you live with and what you do.
I'm a born and bred Aussie, whom has moved a considerable amount of states/countries. I reside in the sleepy western states of Australia, which is said to be one of the most isolated places on earth. That's why I believe in making the most out of everything. Since sixteen is the age that I turn this year - to be completely honest with you, it still hasn't entirely kicked in - I'm going to make every day of being fifteen memorable. Though it already is, there are already amazing people - new/old friends and blog readers - that have never failed to brighten my days. I think I'm the type of person who longs for the weekend the most. I would love to dive into my interests but there is only one that I hold dear to me: blogging. You guessed it! I adore everything from writing my posts to connecting with my readers. My one simple aim is to make people smile. Cheesy but I deem it to be incredibly rewarding.
 photo gwrachelyeoo_zpseb8179f8.jpg
Write a letter to a yourself from the past. Something you would like to have heard when you were a teenager, when you were moving away from home or before you took a hard decision.
Dear soon-to-be-thirteen Rachel,
Oh, how long's it been? Wait, let me count... What, nearly three years? No way. That's absolutely insane.
I mean, can you believe it? I surely can't. Anyway, I'm positively sure that you're bursting with excitement to hear of what's to come. You're probably thinking, 'Am I everything I wanted to be?' or ' I never thought I'd be writing back to yourself in 2014.' See, I know you're eager to grow up and leap into teenagehood. It's on the tip of your tongue, you can almost taste it. And you can't wait.
But hey, I don't want to reveal any incriminating spoilers. The fun bit is finding out. So let's just settle with establishing some general things.
Well, it didn't take a genius to figure out that everything isn't like the movies. High school isn't as crazily eventful compared to all those American teenager movies that you've pored over. But yeah, who's to say it isn't fun? I mean, it really is. You've started feeling like youth is a reality now; you've been having the time of your life lately. What I'm trying to say, is that you're in charge of your years of youth. You've been getting out and experiencing new things with new people. Ever so often, you engage in surreal moments and feel ever so alive. You've been having one breathtaking summer. You hold your head up high, hum a song or two and let your hair down. You throw yourself into the moment like that sometimes. It's good to keep yourself that way.
Ah, you don't look all that different. You currently have long hair that you've diligently grown out. Mum let you dye it this summer, to a lovely deep red and you adore it. So do others. Speaking of others, people like you for who you are. That's right, it's good news! You're loved as an individual for your personality, music taste, personal style, blogging - see, that took off! - and everything in between. You're yourself 100% of the time, and you couldn't be happier. You've grown to appreciate the way you look - surprise, surprise. You're very proud of who you are. Not in a narcissistic way; you're just brimming with confidence every step of the way. I know you're doubting me as we speak, at the age of twelve, but countless people throughout these past few years have made you feel beautiful. Both inside and out. Even though you think you'd be capable of using make-up by the time you were 14, that's not the case. I regret to inform you that you are rubbish at it. But thank goodness for that, because you don't need that sort of stuff now. Stop worrying about it. Think of it this way: you needn't hide behind a mask. Don't you think you're much better off?
Hmm, let's talk emotional stability. Update: I haven't been that upset in a long, long while. Congratulations to us. You've undoubtedly fallen out with a lot of people that used to be your tight, close friends. It's all for the better though. It's useless to hold on to people who hurt you. You'll get what I mean in a year or two, during your first year of high school, when misfortune comes your way. Just listen to me now, though. You'll get through it, trust me. You're in a better place at the moment, at the peak of happiness, in fact. You deserve it, you really do. Me writing this letter to you is living proof as it is. I urge you to learn how to see the light, because so much more is waiting for you on the other side. I know you're really sensitive and prone to mood swings - ugh, hormones - but don't let that deter you from being in high spirits. Appreciate the little things, look forward to bigger things and lose yourself in the moment. Enjoy everything and anything.
Before I go, I need to tell you the most important thing of all. Never forget the person you are.
P.S. Funnily enough, we haven't lost our first kiss yet. That's for someone special, just remember that. Maybe future Rachel will let the both of us know how that goes.
Stay golden,
Rachel x

She is so true about everything! Go read her blog! And if you are interested in writing your own letter to your own past self, email me:)

6 comments:

  1. Ah thank you a bunch, Giulia, for such an opportunity. :) And you dealt with my delay with utmost patience! I seriously commend that. Can't wait to see who else I'll read about in more interviews to come. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank YOU rachel! that was beautiful!

      Delete
  2. That's such a cool idea interviewing bloggers and readers!
    Georgia from www.lumublog.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so happy you are excited about this!

      Delete
  3. Whoa, this is such a lovely idea. And so personal too... reading a letter to someone's past. But maybe that's just me shutting the past out most of the time haha :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad you like it! i think looking back always teaches us a little something:)

      Delete

it really makes me so very happy to hear from you, thank you!