Friday, February 28, 2014

IGLOO

 photo igloo_zpsbd350430.jpgon tuesday i was having a really bad day. it was one of those days that is just bad. and that the only way to get through it without crying is to just say it out loud and acknowledge that you are emotional. there were many little stupid things that added up and because it was a bad day i they just made me sad. i was going to list them but im not because they really were just irrelevant.
i canceled a coffee date with my friends and took the bus to go home right after school so that i could be there when my little brothers got home. and when i got there, i had no keys. my phone carrier dislikes me and i did not have service. my neighbors were not home. and i could not go anywhere because remember, my little brothers were supposed to come home at some point.
so i went to my backyard, left my bag on the kitchen steps and went inside our igloo. because you guys, my parents and siblings built an igloo!  photo iglu_zps12ba11e2.jpg
and ladies and gentlemen. that was the best decision. it turned my day around. i went in there so mad at the universe, but then i found myself in this ridiculously small, cozy, white and beautiful space and i just laughed at my bad day. i discovered i even got wifi in there. i emailed my parents "come save me". i took selfies because the lighting was good. so whatever. narcissism. i messaged my friends and they all said that was amazing. and even though my derrière hurt from the cold and i was so thirsty at one point i tried to drink my own house, i thanked the universe for making me forget the keys and i thanked my family for building that igloo in our backyard.

4 comments:

  1. sorry that you had such a bad day. but an igloo, yes i believe, can fix it all. such a fun thing to have in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish we could keep it forever, but unfortunately the temperature changes and it melted away!

      Delete
  2. Aha that is brilliant, your igloo must be awesome!! Glad it turned your day aroundxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes, igloos just make the world better!

      Delete

it really makes me so very happy to hear from you, thank you!